Joomla How To Guide
Within this section we will cover a vast array of Joomla How Tos. We will try to cover all aspects of running and maintaining a Joomla powered website. Some topics include adding a new articles and menu items, installing new extensions, viewing your templates 'module positions' and even how to make basic edits to your template.
Throughout these Joomla How Tos we will be using the following:
- Joomla 2.5.x Content Management System
- The YOOtheme template called 'Balance' (YOOtheme's Balance demo found here, YOOtheme Home)
- A number of extensions that we will cover when needed
- NO Sample data will be installed
- MYSQL Database
You will be able to see our progress over at http://joomlahowto.webdevelopmentconsultancy.com.
If you would like to request a topic for us to cover please don't hesitate to get in touch and you could see the answer to your Joomla How To shown here.
For our first article we will run through installing the Joomla Content Management System and what we require for the installation process.
Table of contents
- Introduction To The Joomla CMS
- How to install the Joomla Content Management System
- How to install a Joomla Template
- How To Backup And Restore My Website
- How To Take A Backup With Akeeba Backup
- How To Restore Your Akeeba Backup
- How To Take A Manual Backup
- How To Restore Your Manual Backup
- How To Move Our Development Website Which Is Located Within A 'sub-folder' Live
- How To Reset Joomla Article Hits In Joomla 2.5/3.x
- Create Modules And Assign Them To Your Joomla Template
- How to create a Joomla article and link it to a menu item
- How to update the Joomla! Core and third party extensions!