Un-installing DMC Firewall
Un-installing DMC Firewall is simple and painless, simply follow the below 4 steps and DMC Firewall will take care of the rest for you.
Follow these 4 simple steps
- Browse to your 'Extension Manager -> Manage' within the Administrator area of your website
- Use the Filter for 'DMC' (you should see 4 records with Core and 5 records with Professional)
- Select the 'DMC Firewall' record that is the 'Type' of 'Component'
- Click the 'Uninstall' button within the toolbar
DMC Firewall will then start to process the un-installation of DMC Firewall and will remove the component, module and plugins associated with DMC Firewall - including the database tables within you database.
During the un-installation process DMC Firewall leaves the banned IP address within your '.htaccess' or 'web.config' file for security reasons. IP addresses that have been added to the respective server file have been inserted by DMC Firewall for the following reasons
- 'Bad bot' (Professional version only)
- 'Hack attempt'
- 'SQL Injection'
If you require any additional support during the un-installation process of DMC Firewall, please create a ticket at our Support Desk.