Installing DMC Firewall within your Joomla powered website
Installing DMC Firewall couldn't be simpler, all you need to do is go to 'Extensions -> Extension Manager -> Install' within the administrator area of your website. Below we will guide you through the process of installing DMC Firewall within your website.
Installing DMC Firewall - Upload Package File
Login to the Administrator area of your website and navigate to 'Extensions -> Extension Manager -> Install'.
Once you have selected the '.zip' file you will need to click the 'Upload & Install' button. Once you have done that, DMC Firewall will take care of the rest.
Installing DMC Firewall - Install from Directory
Another way to install DMC Firewall is by using Joomla's 'Install from Directory' option. In order to do this you will need to perform the following tasks:
- Unpack the contents of the '.zip' folder which you downloaded to you hard drive
- Using FTP - upload the contents of the extracted zip to your 'tmp/' folder (an example would be tmp/dmcfirewall/(files and folders here))
- Go to 'Extensions -> Extension Manager -> Install from Directory'
- Within the 'Install Directory' text field enter '/dmcfirewall' (it should be pre-populated with the path to your 'tmp' directory to start with)
- Click on the 'Install' button and Joomla will take care of the rest
Once you have completed the above steps - DMC Firewall will be accessible from your 'Components' menu, titled 'DMC Firewall'
Having trouble installing DMC Firewall?
If you are having trouble installing DMC Firewall within your website, take out a 'support subscription' for Professional support and advise on how to install DMC Firewall within your Joomla powered website!